Welcome to the Pennsylvania Soybean Board
The Pennsylvania Soybean Board (PSB) consists of a farmer-driven board responsible for managing Pennsylvania’s share of funds received from the national soy checkoff program.
The soy checkoff helps ensure a strong and profitable future for soybean farmers. Through the checkoff, each farmer contributes one-half of 1 percent of the price of each bushel, which elevators and processors collect at the first point of sale. The checkoff uses the funds for activities to improve the profit potential for all U.S. soybean farmers.
PSB primarily focuses on soybean research, marketing and education to support the profitability of Pennsylvania soybean farmers and the soy industry.
Pennsylvania Soybean Board Mission Statement
Adopted February 5, 2020
As trusted soybean farmers, we provide stewardship of the Pennsylvania soybean checkoff dollars.
A new strategic plan that charts the future course of the Pennsylvania Soybean Board was adopted by the farmer/leaders of the Board at its February 2020 meeting. The strategic plan will guide the Board as it considers checkoff-funded research priorities, educational opportunities, outreach and other projects.
1, Preserve and advance animal agriculture, the largest consumer of soybean meal
2. Promote biofuels and bioheat through partnering opportunities
3. Identify and promote sustainable practices that provide ROI
4. Drive new innovations to increase the value of soy
5. Increase the understanding of soy
Our internal priorities for meeting these objections will be accomplished through education, future focus, partnering and collaboration, and stewardship.
Our road map for determining how to invest checkoff dollars will be determined by:
1. Addressing key needs of all our audiences and stakeholders
2. Exploring “outside the box” — new varieties, uses and markets, ag and food issues, and reaching the next generation
3. Seeking out new opportunities, collaborating with other state checkoffs and farming organizations
4. Practices for economic and ecological sustainability, success planning
Collaborative Work on Behalf of U.S. Soybean Growers
The United Soybean Board,US Soybean Export Council and American Soybean Association work collaboratively to support U.S. soybean farmers. This infographic showcases the groups’ collaborative work. Along with the farmers they represent, these organizations work together to fulfill a different piece of the overall objective: supporting the soybean farmer