Please take a look at the Pennsylvania Soybean Board annual reports below to get a more detailed look at each year’s programs and funding. (Pennsylvania Soybean Board fiscal years begin October 1 and end September 30 of the following year.)
Pennsylvania Soybean Board Objectives
1. Advance animal agriculture in Pennsylvania. (Animal agriculture is the number one domestic customer for soybean meal.)
2. Encourage awareness and use of sustainable agricultural production practices.
3. Provide sound information on the benefits of GMO production to key influencers and decision makers.
4. Foster awareness of the market potential of new varieties of soybeans, including high oleic soybeans. (High oleic soybean varieties produce oil that has unique benefits for food and industrial users and could increase the value of all U.S. soybeans.)
5. Educate key influencers and decision makers about the issues, benefits and challenges of agriculture in Pennsylvania.
6. Promote the use of soybean-based biofuels and bio-heat through partnering opportunities.