Areas of interest, but not limited to:
• Protein and Oil
• Animal Agriculture
Potential issues /suggestions for Research Projects
• Crop damage from deer, groundhogs, etc.
• White mold and other pathogens
• Edible soybeans – production and markets
• New uses – food and non-food
• Measuring soybean components – consistency and efficiently
• Organic food: Is it affecting the conventional food market, supply, public health and/or public perception?
• Feeding quality for livestock – whole, cooked, meal – nutritional value
• Oil and protein – research on beans with higher levels – cost effectiveness
• Merchandising –future challenges – changes –market demand driving production
• New methods of soybean inoculants
• Response of post application with additives
• Whole bean vs. by-products in animal feed
• High yielding soybeans – varieties, production methods
• Plant genetics/physiology
• Overcoming yield plateau
• Field information and technical support – information distribution
• Economics of weed control – thresholds, cost impact
• Economic responses for varying planting dates
• Soybean rust, sentinel plots
• Soybean aphid
• Wildlife – spray-on additives/control
• Roundup resistant weeds
• Fungicide use on soybeans
• Stink bugs
• Container export shipping to foreign markets that may need non-GMO, high protein, etc.
• Soil health
Remember this is not an exclusive list. If you have an idea for a project which is not listed here but has the potential to benefit Pennsylvania soybean farmers, you are invited to enter a full proposal.