Meet the Board
Pennsylvania soybean farmer-directors make up the board of directors, overseeing the activities of the Pennsylvania Soybean Board.
Nominations to the Pennsylvania Soybean Board of Directors
The Pennsylvania Soybean Board is currently accepting nominations of individuals within the Commonwealth who would be willing to serve on the Board of Directors.
The volunteer members of the Pennsylvania Soybean Board (PSB) are responsible for the collection and administration of the soybean checkoff program within the State. The authority given to PSB under the Federal Act and Order are specific to soybean education, promotion, communication and research. PSB is not affiliated with lobbying of any manner.
Specific expectations and duties associated with serving as a director include:
1. Must raise soybeans to be eligible to serve on the board.
2. The Board typically meets three (3) times per year or at the will of the Chairman. Meetings are held in February, August and December.
3. The Board does convene via conference call on an as needed basis.
4. The Board has three (3) committees: 1) Banking & Investment; 2) Research Proposals and 3) Communications, Promotion & Education. These committees meet via conference call several times per year.
5. The initial term of a board member shall be three (3) years and each member is eligible to serve three (3) consecutive terms thereby serving a total of nine (9) years on the board assuming the member sought reappointment at the pleasure of the board. A board member who served nine (9) years may seek reappointment to the board after being off the board for one (1) year.
6. Board members are eligible for reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses incurred for attending soybean board meetings and/or soybean events/activities.
If you or an individual you know is interested in being considered to serve on the Board, please submit all nominations to Jennifer Reed-Harry by close of business on July 23, 2020.
The Pennsylvania Soybean Board is committed to growing leadership to serve on its board that reflects a diversity of perspectives and opinions as the industry population that pays the marketing and promotion assessment is diverse. That diversity should reflect size of operation, experience of members, methods of production and distribution, ethnicity and gender, marketing strategies, and other distinguishing factors that will bring different perspectives and ideas to the table.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact the PSB office at (717) 651-5922.
Pennsylvania Soybean Board Directors
John Harrell* Lebanon, PA, Chair
Emily Landis, Pennsylvania Furnace, PA, Vice Chair
Steve Hykes, Greencastle, PA, Secretary/Treasurer
|Dr. Paul Esker
Penn State (Ex-Officio Member)
* Also serves on United Soybean Board